Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications for the auditorium but we do have several open mic options on the plaza. Please come ready to participate and sign up at the event.
Opportunities to participate in this event:
Open Call For Local Authors!
Present your work at the 2019 Chattanooga Readers and Writers Fair
We are seeking authors that represent the people of Chattanooga in: poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction, children’s literature, and non-English writing of all genres.
RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Deadline for submissions has been extended to Sunday July 28 at midnight.
- Authors must live within 70 miles of Chattanooga Downtown Library
- Authors of all ages may participate but the parent or guardian of minors must complete the application
- The Chattanooga Readers and Writers Fair is a family event being held at a public library, therefore all content must meet the standards of the library, avoid the use of words that are unacceptable by standards of the public school system, hateful or derogatory words are forbidden.
Submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications include:
- Contact info; name, address, email, phone
- Category applied for
- Title(s) of your work
- Sample of work: pdf attachment maximum 1000 words
- Link to author page or published work
- All work must be your original work.
- Short one paragraph biography about yourself
- Authors must submit their application by midnight July 14.
- You will be notified of acceptance and time slot by August 10, 2019
Published books may be consigned for sale on the 4th floor.
Vendors Tables on the 4th Floor
4th Floor vendor tables are available to authors, literary related organizations and businesses; 3′ x 6′ tables with two authors at each. Send your contact information, author and book information or organization name and website to email@example.com with “4th floor” in subject box. You will be notified with a confirmation when approved.